The doll is finally finished.
It had a few bumpy starts but sometimes you just have to make a choice and stick with it! The kids at work always have soooo much advice on how a project should go, most of the time, completely opposite from each other. So, it’s up to me to pick and choose which ideas to listen to.
For the hair, I wanted to use leftover strands of yarn I rescued from one of my mom’s old projects, This piece had a tassel fringe of thread-yarn. I took all the tassels out and now I have this little bag of cut up blue strands I thought would look cute as hair. I finally pulled it out and tried it on the doll.
First off, I decided to make a boy doll. Then I had to figure out how to use those strands of yarn. I tried different things and pulled them out just as many times. I even abandoned the thread yarn for regular blue yarn but didn’t like that either. The kids said it looked like Coraline so I switched gears and tried to make it a Coraline doll. I didn’t like it so I went back to my mom’s strands.
I played around with it until I got something I liked.
The kids kept insisting I make an orange shirt so I gave it a try.
Noooo! I no likey! Looked like a life jacket so I ripped it back. Started on the shorts instead.
I didn’t like any of the yarn I had at work because it was too thick so I had the bright idea to split the yarn (from the yarn ball I made of the rescued project). I didn’t know how hard that would be. The yarn kept getting tangled! I’m stubborn so I kept at it until I had just enough yarn to make the shirt. Although I’ll probably never split yarn again, I finally got a shirt I liked.
I felt like he needed something more, so I made him a little backpack and the kids helped me fill it with crayons.
And now he’s hanging out in the ultimate prize-box. And apparently all the kids have laid claim to him when they finally make it.
And now I really am working on a Coraline doll. 🙂