I went hiking and found these on the trail. I tried to capture the flowers AND the sky. It was hard but I got it by getting really low.
The Blue Sky Tag is a fun June event for bloggers, and I’ve been tagged (nominated) to participate by Robin at Imperial Crochet. I love getting inspiration from other bloggers and Robin has a great blog.
My being tagged means I’m “it” and it’s my turn to answer some questions and nominate eleven of my favorite bloggers.
• Give 11 questions.
• Tag 11 people.
• Answer the 11 questions given to you.
• Don’t forget to thank the person who tagged you.
Questions Given To Me
1. Why did you choose the name of your blog?
Yolanda + Crochet = Yochet
2. Which of your own blog posts is your favorite?
This is a hard one. Let me take a look (I don’t remember half of what I written)…this is hard. I’ve narrowed it down to about 10 of them. I think I’m going to pick the one about my black thumb. Ironically, it has nothing to do with crochet. It’s the one titled ‘My Weed Garden’. I love it because it makes me laugh, reminds me of my mom, and I still use the plants as my backgrounds for my crochet pictures. I guess it does have to do a little with crochet after all. 🙂
3. Do you have a set schedule for blogging? morning, evening, daily, weekly?
Nope. I probably should though. I write when the muse strikes me. In the beginning, I had a tough time coming up with topics, but now, I feel them bubbling to the surface all the time. So if the muse strikes and I have time, I start writing.
4. Have you ever done any published writing outside of blogging? Books? Articles?
I feel like I have but I can’t remember. Let me think…does poetry in a high school journal count?
5. What is the title of your most useful book?
This is another tough one. I’ve read a ton of books in my lifetime that have been very useful. (Time is ticking while I think). I guess I will narrow it down to the most useful in my crochet. I’m going to pick Crocheting for Dummies. I picked up a used copy when I was trying to learn how to read patterns. I already knew how to crochet but I found the book very useful in learning to read patterns.
6. What is the title of the last book you read for fun?
The Witch’s Catalyst – Book 1 The Risen Lands Duology by J. Cain McKrell. I discovered this one on a post from one of my favorite bloggers.
7. Who is your favorite celebrity?
I’m going to change that to ask which celebrity I’ve salivated the most over. That would be Tom Welling from Smallville but Jarod Padaleki from Supernatural was a close second. Henry Cavill from The Man of Steel was a close call too. Hmm, I’m starting to see a pattern here.
8. What is your favorite song?
I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor although can there really be just one favorite song?
9. Where would you love to go on your next vacation?
Hawaii! I want to go back so bad. I’ve been twice but the second time, my son was sick and it was hard to enjoy it.
10. Is there a skill you’d like to learn?
Probably gardening and landscaping because I’m so bad at it!
11. Cats or dogs?
Cats. I love cats. Although I have nothing against dogs. In fact, I had a dog for 14 years that I loved very much.
Questions to my nominees
1. What would your dream job be?
2. If money were no object, where would you like to live?
3. What is the goal of or for your blog?
4. Would you like to make money from a craft or hobby? If so, what is that craft or hobby?
5. What is your favorite thing about where you live?
6. What is the least favorite thing about where you live?
7. What’s the best place you’ve traveled to and why?
8. If you could hire someone to do something for you (money is no object), either ongoing or just once, what would it be?
9. What’s the one thing you can’t live without?
10. Messy or neat?
Tag! You’re it!
Half the people on the list are people who were already tagged by my nominator. I’m going to tag you again because I think you’re great but obviously you don’t have to keep doing the same thing or even at all.
- Shells & Bobbles
- Tanglewood Tapestry
- Nature Inspired Mom
- Crochet 539
- The Yarn Blabber
- My OBT
- creating time
- Landscapestylist (I can’t read this one but I just love the pictures).
A day I spent in San Diego. I thought the blue sky in the background would be perfect for this post.