Yesterday, there was another craft fair happening at the school where I work. I didn’t do it last year and I wasn’t sure I would do it this time around. I get pretty lazy about getting up early on the weekend and even lazier about working furiously on projects to have enough inventory to sell. Then, when the fair is done, I have all this stuff left over that I have to store.
However, a friend of mine (the one that introduced me into the world of succulents) was going and she said I could share a booth with her so I didn’t have to make more things to fill an entire booth. I could simply take the few items I already had (mainly the stuff left over from previous craft fair, hehe). I could do that.
But still, I thought I should make a few more things. At the time, I had a whole 4 days to the fair!
I looked at all those granny squares I made for the Craft Yarn Council Course and just knew I could make something, anything, out of them.
I gathered all the squares and separated them by color. Then, I experimented with arrangements, and here is the first thing to come out of it.
So I gave my star stitch sweater away to one of my sisters. The other sister is still waiting for her granny square sweater so I am diligently back to plugging up holes. That leaves me with no sweater…again. I’m back to making a new sweater for myself. I’ve been visiting (more like moving in) Pinterest looking for inspiration, ideas, stitches, granny squares, anything I might like to make a new sweater. I saw a Bavarian granny square I found interesting. I tried following the pattern and in my hubris, I thought I had it down and kept going on my own. What I ended up with was huge and definitely not a square. I used a bigger hook size than the one called for in the pattern and a thicker yarn so it naturally came out big (but still bigger than I expected).
It was a little under a foot long from one end to the other! I thought it was pretty but not exactly right. More importantly, it wasn’t square.