When Crochet Goes Wrong – Tunisian Crochet Roses

I recently came across a YouTube video on how to make tunisian crochet roses. I thought they were super cute so I gave it a try. Once I was done trying, I had to decide what to make with it. A phone case sounded like a good idea at the time.

I practiced the stitch at work and turned that one into a phone case first. Meh, I didn’t like it. The kids liked it so I threw it in the prize box.

flower phone case_7.jpg

flower phone case_6.jpg

I place the seam in the middle of the back instead of the side. I think it worked better.

I vowed to make the one at home look better. Meh, it came out worse but it covers the phone just fine. The sides bunched up in a way that made it turn inward when I sewed the sides together. I was doomed from the get-go. Then, I totally missed the mark on the bottom of the case. It looks more like a stocking.

flower phone case_3.jpg

I seamed this one on the side and that didn’t work out so well.

I guess that’s what happens sometimes when  you’re eyeballing things instead of having a clear cut plan. It’s a cute pattern though. Not sure if I’ll use it again, or even for what I would use it again, but it sure is cute. My sis-in-law liked it so I added a little more to the top (not shown) so it would fit her phone. She’s happy with it so I guess it’s a win.

5 thoughts on “When Crochet Goes Wrong – Tunisian Crochet Roses

  1. Pingback: More Tunisian Crochet Phone Cases | yochet

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s